It's that time of the month again... for the
Design Space Challenge and my teams theme this month is "13 Days of Christmas". So on the 7th day of Christmas the swans-a-swimming and since I am a little obsessed with swans I thought it would be nice to use them in my project. So get ready to follow this simple tutorial to make a cute two-sided swan bag.
What you need:
- 8" by 8" of white pleather
- 8" by 8" piece of grey felt
- 2X 8" by 8" piece of lining fabric
- 1.5" by 1.5" of red felt
- 1.5" by 1.5" of gold glitter vinyl
- 18" by 18" of heat bond
- 40" of rope
- 1 snap
- General sewing supplies
- First download the free
. Be sure that the width of the swan is 8" wide. You could make this any size, that is what I did.
- Next, take your fabric, lining and heat bond. Fuse the fabric and lining together, follow the heat bond instructions. Be careful when using pleather not to overheat it, you could melt it!
- Iron your glitter vinyl to some lining fabric as well.
- Iron on the Heat Bond to your red felt as well, do not peel off the paper.
- Upload the template to the
- Cut out all your pieces as shown in the photo up top. Be sure to cut the reverse side for each pattern piece.
- Cut 3 small rectangles.
Here is what the reverse looks like.
Now we are ready to sew...
- Place the crown behind each head and sew close to the edge.
- Place the extra wing on the body and sew around as indicated.
- Fold your small rectangular tabs in two and pin then to one of your swan bodies.
- Place the two bodies together, pin in place.
- First sew from the crown edge down on either side.
- Next sew the bodies together as shown.
- Take your snap and place under the wing.
- Finally, pass the rope through the 3 tabs and make a knot to keep in place.
It fit a phone nicely or small snacks and candy!
It's a great gift for all lovers of the Swan lake ballet or perhaps the Black Swan movie!
I am thinking I need to make myself one too or maybe just steal this one. I've been caught doing that in the past!
Seriously, these make perfect little gifts. My daughter was really excited when she saw what I had made her.
Now you can make both sides white... or grey. You can make it all in felt or leather.
Just have fun with it!
Now on the 13 Day Of Christmas what is better than a Cricut Explore? Here is your chance to win one... just follow the instructions in the rafflecopter and GOOD LUCK!
Don't forget to check out what my wonderful and talented team has been up to, so many great ideas!!!
Cricut Design Space Star™ team (“Lucky 13”) consists of Monica of
, MJ of
, Sarah and Jessica of
, Melissa of
, Sadie Jane of
, Me- Crystal of
, Katie of
, Celina of
, Andrea of
, and last but certainly not least Erin & Tricia of
Disclosure | This post includes affiliate links and I did receive a Cricut machine for free and may receive prizes in exchange for my winning projects. Even though I am not directly compensated for these posts, I am under consideration for a prize with Cricut Design Space Star. All opinions are 100% my own. Wish me luck!