I am so thrilled I was chosen to be part of the
. Have you seen or tried the new
? It's crazy cool, it can cut through vinyl, fabric, balsa wood, leather... just to name a few. You can upload your original design or replicate some amazing project all ready for you to use in the
. Bye bye exacto knife is all I have to say!
In all seriousness, I part of an amazing team of designers, Lucky Team #13 and I will be sharing projects for the next couple of months in the hopes to become the next Cricut Star! So for my first challenge our team theme was "GOLD IS THE NEW BLACK" and here is what I made...
A baby gift set which includes a cute "I'm Golden" T-shirt and some teeny tiny gold gladiator sandals.
Let's discuss the sandals, shall we?
I created a pattern - size 6-12 months ( which you can
What you need besides the Cricut Machine:
- Thick Felt
- Heat Bond
- General Sewing supplies
Before starting you need to bond your Felt with some Fabric. I used a square about 15cm x 15cm.
You will also need to bond your
to some fabric. To not remove the plastic covering when doing this. I used a rectangle that is approximately 25cm X 15cm.
1. Cut out each pattern separately with the appropriate fabric.
2. Fold your tab by about 3/8" and stitch.
3. Center the top part of your sandals on your soles as shown.
4. Gently push the edges without moving their positioning. Carefully pin them in place.
5. Fold over by 3/8" ans stitch right at the edge.
6. Find the center of the back piece and the back of your sole ( folding the pieces in two helps). Pin the center back and then the sides.
7. Sew all around approximately the width of your foot.
8- Pass a ribbon through the back and front strap. You are done!
You could make these all in leather or fabric, if you wanted. The possibilities are endless!
And now the t-shirt... You can find the file to
1- Cut out the lettering in the Iron-On paper.
2- Remove what you don't need.
3- Place the lettering in the middle of the t-shirt and ironed it down.
You could use this template to cut out freezer paper or even an acetate if you wanted to make multiples.
Box it up and it's a perfect little gift for a baby shower.
My awesome Cricut Design Space Star™ team (“Lucky 13”) consists of Monica of
, MJ of
, Sarah and Jessica of
, Melissa of
, Sadie Jane of
, Crystal of
, Katie of
, Andrea of
, Erin & Tricia of
I know right, how did I get so lucky!
Just click on all the links to check everyone's creations.
and here is everything Team Lucky #13 has been up to....
Lucky 13 team in the Cricut Design Space Star™ team:
- Booties, Earrings, and Hearts from Andrea ofAndrea’s Notebook
- Children's shirt and gold sandals from Celina ofPetit A Petit and Family
- Cut out leather purse with cross lining from Erin & Tricia ofSuburban Bitches
- Leather cuff from Monica ofEast Coast Creative
- Easy DIY hashtag t-shirts from Sarah and Jessica ofPretty Providence
- DIY umbrella and Pineapple Scarf from MJ ofPars Caeli
- Leopard leggings and tank from Sadie Jane ofSimply Sadie Jane
- Laptop decals from Crystal ofSew Creative Blog
So many things I need to make now!
Disclosure | I did receive a Cricut machine for free and may receive prizes in exchange for my winning projects. Even though I am not directly compensated for these posts, I am under consideration for a prize with Cricut Design Space Star. All opinions are 100% my own. Wish me luck!